Time To Go On Offense

Time to be Heard

One of the reasons that so many of my fellow Tea Party patriots and Palinistas are ready for a Sarah Palin campaign to begin it because we’ve become so tired of the smears against us.  Each time they mock Sarah Palin, those in the establishment are taking shots at us too.  Each and every time they smear Sarah Palin, they try to slip something in about those of us who support her that will tend to paint us as those people.  You know… Those people.  Yes, they mean us.  It’s true for Tea Party patriots too.  This interminable war on the Tea Party and Sarah Palin has gone on, will go on, and the establishment in DC will maintain its stance against us, either until we go away quietly, or until we displace them.

This country is ours, and for decades, ordinary Americans with extraordinary virtues have kept this country afloat while the party of DC keeps crashing the ship of state into the largest icebergs it can find.  I don’t know about you, but for once in more than three decades, I’m ready to finally fight them.  Rather than endlessly defending ourselves, our principles and our leaders against smears meant only to debase, dismiss, and disable, I think it’s time that we went on offense.

You and I are of a different character than the establishment. Most of us still hold to the notion that we should live virtuous lives, not in expectation of any reward from without, but for all the rewards provided within.  That’s quite different from the entirely mercenary view the establishment has of the world, where everything is for sale and anybody may be purchased so long as they maintain a steady stream of our money flowing.  The Tea Party grew out of a recognition by some among us of the situation with the establishment.  The party of  DC issues orders, while we comply, without reference to the costs to us, the pain to the nation, or the endlessly disastrous results that their orders have never failed to beget.  In considering all of this, however, we cannot become like them in part because it’s not in our nature, but also because we know that’s not who we wish to be.  For us to prevail, our form of offense must take on a different shape than that of the establishment.   We don’t share the moral ground they occupy, and frankly, we don’t want to slide into the gutter with them.

So what are we to do?  How do we oppose them? How do we even begin to combat their narrative?  It starts here, on the Internet. It starts with letters to the editor, on-line and snail-mail.  It begins with phone-calls to talk-shows.  At every opportunity to question the establishment, we must do so.  We must begin to take the battle to them.  We must show up at their town hall meetings. We must send them faxes.  We must do all of the things that will show them we are here for the battle, we’re of no mind to surrender or retreat, and we intend to advance, around, through and over the objections of the DC establishment on the way to victory.

It’s not as though we don’t know how to do this.  Some of you have been doing so all along.  You Tea Party patriots ought to know all about this, because in truth, from the moment Joe the Plumber asked Obama that question, and Obama  was exposed as an unrepentant socialist, you have known how to win.  Ryan Rhodes of Iowa Tea Party fame asked a simple question.  The DC establishment wilts in the light of truth, and we don’t need to join them in the sewer to expose what they’ve done, what they are doing now, or what they intend.  It only requires that we stand up, for our values, for our standards, and for our rights.  They will accost us with taunts and smears and lies, but we should ignore the worst filth, and respond on issues, policies, and reality.

Tell the truth. Confront any lie with the truth.  Ask questions that expose the truth by leaving the liar to pose another lie in response.  When somebody like Karl Rove says “Well, it’s getting late, but I still think there’s time for [some establishment candidate] to get into this race,” you should deluge the media outlet in question, and Rove, and anybody around him with “Didn’t you say it was too late for Sarah Palin if she didn’t get in on the 3rd of September?” It’s something we ought to recognize:  Questioning their own pronouncements exposes their nonsensical narratives and themes cause them intense pain, not because of guilt, since they feel no shame, but because of their exposure.

Another thing that tends to happen is that we give the lamestream media a pass.  We’re so accustomed to their unethical journalism that we mostly accept it in frustration and out of a sense of futility.  Why?  I’m a blogger.  Some of you are too.  Many of you are active in social media and in political fora, and in your workplaces and your families and in your congregations.  Some of you take your local papers or listen to local radio shows, but as frustrating as these outlets can be, what is a little frustration in the face of all that now confronts us?  Even as we happily read the Miami Herald story about the poll posted on Drudge and elsewhere Tuesday night, did you notice the opening slam on Palin built into the story:

WASHINGTON — Look out President Barack Obama. Even Sarah Palin’s gaining on you.

A new McClatchy-Marist poll finds…

I placed it in bold. What you see here is another example of bias.  “Even Sarah Palin?”  Even I  can see this is an example of biased journalism from Mr. Thomma, who wrote this article.  This is the sort of thing we’ve become accustomed to fighting all the time.  It’s now an assumption that even in positive news about Sarah Palin, there’s always going to be some way in which it is tilted against her, we who support her, or the Tea Party. Most of us are exhausted with having to defend against the more subtle smears, never mind the more obvious examples.  What we must do is challenge these outlets, not simply on the subject of Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, and such smears as they heap upon us, but in every story.  You will be hard-pressed to find an example of journalism that doesn’t involve some form of this kind of smear.  More, we need to challenge the baseline narrative of the media that suggests we’re a fringe, tiny minority.  They all know this isn’t true, but they like to pretend it is.  Let’s make some noise, and they won’t be quite so able to conceal the truth any longer.

Like you, I feel the frustrations of watching the establishment smear us, mock us, and otherwise defame us.  Make no mistake about it: Every one of their miserable attacks is designed to demoralize you.  They attack the things you cherish, the people you love, and the concepts of virtue by which you have lived your life.  As it turns out, as I finished this article, I looked and found this article by Nicole Coulter on Conservatives4Palin.  Much as I suspected, it seems I’m not alone in my thinking.  Let’s engage the battle as we know we must, in all the ways that  we can.  Everything about this is worth our efforts, and we shouldn’t wait when we already know what needs to be done.  The best part is that we don’t need to become purveyors of filth or senseless attacks because the facts are on our side.  Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to go on offense.

10 Responses to Time To Go On Offense

1. Another great article Mark!

2. carlirwin says:

One of the problems we face is fighting the allure of Socialism in a very down economy, for it is in that environment that Socialism thrives. Even as I write this the welfare roll grows just a little more and that is one more person dependent on Social safety nets. Now our task is to get the message out about pride in self accomplishment and independence and self reliance, in other words we must shame them into getting off the nanny tit.

3. lemonv says:

The Art of War by Sun Tzu Chapter 3 summary:

3.Attack by Stratagem/The Plan of Attack defines the source of strength as unity, not size, and discusses the five factors that are needed to succeed in any war. In order of importance, these critical factors are: Attack, Strategy, Alliances, Army, and Cities.

4. Rogue Rose says:

Mark has once again pointed us towards the battle front. Sarah put out this call to all of us a couple of months ago "don't let the media or politicians get away with bias and smears.. call them out" He once again puts out that call. I think one way we can work together is to continue to network and provide links to respond to biased coverage. Here's the contact info for the Miami Herald, the paper cited in Mark's blog. The link to the Miami Herald article, to get the "journalist" name, etc, can be obtained at that link. (By Steven Thomma McClatchy Newspapers) Let the editor feel some push back on the biased "news" article. http://www.miamiherald.com/contact-us/

5. Lisa Andrus says:

I appreciate your articles. Nice work!

6. akabosan says:

The calling out recently of the quasi comedian on Mr. Beck's program and then calling out Mr. Carlson for the filth on his web site are two excellent examples of the Palinistas early show of force.

Good practice. And though practice does not make perfect – Perfect practice makes perfect – when we stand in Truth we can only prevail.

GB

7. Wow, thanks for the comments Mark. This is quickly becoming my favorite web site.

For me, I have fashioned a niche as the 'skunk at the garden party' at Huffington Post. Those who frequent that site have voluntarily restricted their source of news to liberal blogs and Soros funded sites.

So, I take every occasion to post positive news about Gov. Palin. Oh, sure, there is the typical unfounded juvenile retorts. But, especially on cross-party issues like 'crony capitalism' there seems to be some recognition of her appeal.

8. One thing about being retired is that you have more time for things you might have neglected in the past. As I watch the next crop of people who would like to be our next President or remain as President I’m reminded of a few things. We haven’t always done the best with our selection. “I’m not a crook” (Nixon), “I have not had a sexual relationship with that woman” (Clinton) to name a couple. When we have made better selections we kill them (Kennedy) or we try to kill them (Regan) to name a couple.

I ask myself why anyone would want to be President with almost half the people wishing you had lost. Do they do it for fame, prestige, power or because they truly believe they can lead this country to a better place. I have always believed that the best predictor of what someone will do in the future is to look at what they have done in the past. With that being said here is what I see.

I see someone who stands out from the rest. I see someone who always has a positive message about our country our founding fathers and the future of our country. I see someone who excites me with their enthusiasm. I see someone who can bring thousand’s of people to their feet. I see someone who still loves and believes in the Constitution as it was written and doesn’t think it’s old, outdated and irrelevant as others have said.

I see someone who has taken all the arrows shot at them and brushed them aside. I see someone with determination and self reliance like I have never seen before. I see someone with strong convictions and not apologize for them or our country.

I see someone with a proven track record second to no one though it will be distorted for you. I see someone who has reached across the aisle to get thing’s done. I see someone who is a leader and is not afraid to lead. I see a country desperately looking for a leader. I see someone who believes in the free market, small government and less regulation.

I see someone who will truly fight the corruption that is inherent in big government, even in their own party. I see someone who will not take part in “play along to get along” and “crony capitalism” which is paying off your contributors with government contracts or favoritism of any kind. I see someone who will not get in front of a TV camera or a teleprompter and lie and misslead me for political benefit, or for any benefit. This is the most important for me.

I have seen this person lied about, scorned, not on policy but on personnel destruction and diminished by the Elite on both sides of the aisle. When this person’s message is heard unfiltered it will resonate with many people. This person is a threat to the good old boys in both party’s and has the bumps and bruises to prove it and frankly it scares the hell out of them. Isn’t this someone we should want as our President?

You know who I’m talking about because there is only one person who fits that
    Description and it’s Sarah Palin. I want someone to be President for all the right reasons and because they love their country and truly has a servant’s heart.

You may not agree but it is what I see. Lead to serve not to rule.

9. Patty Henry says:

What about BRENT BOZELL : http://twitter.com/#!/BrentBozell

He's no better than TUCKER CARLSON!!! He's REPRINTING THE TRASH that McGinniss wrote… REPRINTING…not just DECRYING it.
    As far as I can see, he's just providing more advertising that trash book for McGINNISS…..

WHAT part of DO NOT QUOTE the BOOK don't these yellow journalist clowns get?

He should have printed story about how ridiculous McGinniss is; how much of a nut-case he is; what his son said; but OH NO!!!! THAT SOB BOZELL has to quote that slime-ball. Doesn't he normally appear on HANNITY? NOT watching CARLSON or BOZELL… they are either opportunists at Sarah's expense or he's dumb as hell. Not worth watching either way.