Okay, Now What? Before You Go…

No in 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you for reading this blog.  While I still have the attention of Palin supporters, I’d like to take a moment to thank you for sticking it out and for supporting my little blog site.  As you know, this site was built in large measure to support Sarah Palin, and those of you who support her, and while she isn’t now running for President, I can tell you with all assurances that I continue to support her message of common sense conservatism and her strong belief in finding constitutional conservatives to serve in our governments, from local to state all the way to Washington DC.  Like you, I am mightily disappointed by the news, but I also know, as you must, that this country is still worth our fight.  It’s still worth everything we can pour into restoring it, and based on her words on Mark Levin’s show this evening, I know she maintains that commitment although it will find a different expression than we who have supported her might have preferred.  In listening to her discussion with Levin, I heard in Governor Palin’s voice a sincere love for her family, and all the millions of us who have stood with her.

Below is her full statement, followed by my closing remarks:

October 5, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska

After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.

My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.

From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it.

I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs.

Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.

In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.

Thank you again for all your support. Let’s unite to restore this country!

God bless America.

– Sarah Palin

I support Sarah Palin in this mission.  I’ve supported her all along, and that’s not going to change now.  I know there are many who feel that without Sarah Palin, there can be no chance to restore the country.  Thankfully, Sarah Palin knows better, and offers that we can find ways to overcome the statist machine that now confronts our country.  She realizes as we do that this is not about personalities, but about ideas.  She realizes that the right ideas can triumph no matter who it is advancing them.  We simply need to find the person to do so, and sadly, at this time, it will not include Governor Palin.

Let me speak to all the friends I’ve made during this endeavor to support Sarah Palin:  I’m not going away.  I’m not leaving.  I’m still going to be here supporting Sarah Palin by helping spread her message as she continues to carry her message, and in this way, I’m also going to continue to carry on the task of talking about the state of our union and all of those who wish to destroy it.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to part company now because you believe that only Sarah Palin bound us together, I will understand, and will thank you for having come so far with me on this journey.  On the other hand, if you recognize as I do that the reason we joined arms around Sarah Palin wasn’t merely about her person, but about the ideas she championed, I want you to know: I will still be here, and I will still be writing, and we needn’t part company.

Lastly, to Governor Palin, I wish to say “Thank You!”   I thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of the country, and I look forward to seeing you carrying the cause of freedom to all Americans! I understand at least a little of what all of this has cost you personally, and I understand at least some of what such a contest would have cost you and your family.  You don’t owe us anything, and in fact, we owe you for all you have done on our behalf.  As you have been here for us, I will continue to be here for you as will so many of your supporters.

Thank you all!

Mark

51 Responses to Okay, Now What? Before You Go…

1. Thank you for all the time you put into your blog, Mark.
    I know you are very sad at this time because I know how badly you wanted Sarah Palin to be our president.

I wanted you to know that I appreciated your blog very much.

Susan

2. Rogue Rose says:

I agree 100% and I'm not going anywhere. Thanks Mark.

3. Caron Jean says:

I am so disappointed that she has decided not to run. There is not one of the GOP candidates that doesn't have what I consider fatal flaws to keep me from wanting to vote for them. I don't believe any one of them believes in all the things that I want in a candidate. I felt that Sarah Palin was truly our only good chance to save our country.

4. Gretchen says:

Thank you, Mark. Onward!

5. Thank you, Mark, very much!
    I will look forward to your continuing efforts.

6. Mary M. says:

Mark:

Thanks for not going anywhere, and I'm glad you'll still be writing!

None of us should just quit now, when our ideas and philosophies remain the same. We need to keep going, especially now, and share ideas on all that is happening in our respective geographical areas. I think Sarah Palin will be doing the same.

Deep breath and trudge on, men and women!

7. kilt1iron says:

Cheer up.people — the candidates remaining will be paying attention to what Sarah has to say. It will be two of the remaining candidates that will (probably) form the conservative ticket.

Of course, Florida Senator Marco Rubio could decide to accept a V.P. offer …..

8. sedeuce says:

Mark, your's is the one blogger email that I allow into my Inbox and read as soon as I see it. I know that you will continue with your great writing and research in support of the monumental effort it will take to get our country back. Sarah has always said that it wasn't about her or any other specific person. This is why the Tea Party is so unique and strong – it is made up of literally millions of people who believe in the principles that Sarah Palin articulates so well. And fortunately for us all, we will continue to have her talents, energy, and communication skills encouraging all of us to join and keep up the fight.

9. DC says:

I'm so deeply disappointed but no more than you are and many others. Your post is pure class and it reminds me why I read this blog.

The disappointment will surely fade, and I just appreciate that, like SP, you're not going anywhere.

10. Olga Centura says:

Mark, this is an excellent blog and you have presented the next turning point in this roller coaster ride to the 2012 elections very well: [that] we as patriots must stay together and help to get the right candidates into Washington to clean up the corruption and the fiscal mess.

11. Samantha says:

I will still visit your site.

You are a good writer.

I'm going team Perry- at least for now…he's not perfect, but who is?

• jimmie says:

Seems like most of the SP supporters have caught the Cain Train. See Hot Air.

Me? I'm still checking out the facts.

Jimmie

12. C.A. Bamford says:

Caron Jean,
    Palin was our best choice for an effective, ethical, fiscally responsible, and constitutional president. But we are the power behind her as she assumes a different leadership position. With the people of our country behind her, she will be more powerful than the president. If we continue to work with her, we can bring our country back. We will do it, one elected offical at a time.
    Stay with it…remember when General Washington and his ill-equipped, but dedicated soldiers crossed the icy Delaware on that freezing Christmas night 1776 to turn the tide of war against the British?
    Already two presidential hopefuls have come to Palin seeking her endorsement. And ours.

13. MiBones says:

The Tea Party is an idea. This idea has to be turned into a national movement. To have power, you need control of both houses. Palin never said she would not be part of the movement. She's had experience with politics in Alaska, and you can look at how Obama has been marginalized by his own party and I can see her decision. Leadership doesn't have to be president. She is needed to grow the movement. Leadership can be grass roots. Look at 2010.

14. Kevin Huddleston says:

I really appreciate your writing, your ideas. The way I perceive this is that we're all going to have to be heroes, each of us needs to step up to the great task of communicating the conservative, constitutional principles. You have encouraged me by your courage, your words, and your commitment. As Reagan said, "The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. … Nothing ends here; our hopes and our journeys continue." So thank you for your writing and know that you have made a big difference to me.

15. Thank you Mark. Well stated. I'll still be reading because it isn't about a person, it is about this country. She's never lost sight of that, and neither will many of us. She still has a lot to contribute and so do all of us.

16. Reynolds88 says:

Mark, I enjoyed your pieces at C4P. In my own life I have often 'reteated' or regrouped myself in order to fight again on a new day. It took Sarah 5 years to earn her BA degree, it took me 7 years to earn a BS degree. Character is the still (steel) spine that lets you stand up and fight again. I admire Sarah and support her decission even if it means I wont be as actively involved in the next election cycle. The C4P crowd is a nice group and I was glad to be a part.

17. bigmamas52 says:

Hey Mark, great blog and those that would leave simply because SP is not running were not people who would have stood strongly by her on the rough and tumble campaign trail. Had she ran it would have gotten really heavy, really deep, really quick. Her message and what she believes in goes on whether she's the candidate or not. Those of us that have been SP supporters since she ran for governor here in Alaskas, then selected for VP and after her continuing push to bring America back to it's roots are not going anywhere, in the fight for this country of ours, or from your blog. Whether it's a writing talent like yours, money to a campaign or boots on the ground to fight for what we believe in….we are all called to do different things, yours is writing and I look forward to reading your blog for a long time to come.

18. Thank you Mark. You ARE a great American. You and Sarah are right. We still have work to do and we must trudge forward. Sarah did right. God, family, & Country. She will be blessed for her Christian values. We will be blessed, too.

19. GirlfriendGeek says:

I'm in! I'm not going anywhere, either. Thanks for all you do.

20. No Sarah? Since she is out, I don't see any, and I mean any who have the principles she displayed. We have let the media again pick our candidate. I fear we are stuck with the same old crony capitalism that will continue eat the vitals out of this country.

And yes, it is her decision. However, I personally feel betrayed by her having taken this long to decide and given all the indications of running to this point. Palin has quit on us despite all her claims of being there going forward.

Mark your work has been great. And for that I thank you.

It just looks like to me we as a nation will be putting up with mediocrity in political leadership and a loss of more and more freedoms.

21. jerseyflash says:

Sarah Palin WILL NOT seek Presidency in 2012. I've commented on Sarah for the past 31/2 years. How smart is this women ??? I believe that Sarah will get all her ducks elected to the Senate and Congress, strengthen her image and get someone to warm the seat in the WH.
    The family is 5 years older-2 children left in the household and a husband who can not wait to get back in the fight. Sarah has always run for HEAD of office and Todd puts he's live on the line once a year in the snow-machine race. If Sarah gets the Senate and Congress to be in Repo control and a bench-warmer in the WH, do you think at the age of let's say 50-Sarah Palin will turn off the lights ( I don't think so ) ONLY MY THOUGHS ( SARAH PALIN ) RUNS FOR THE WHITE HOUSE IN 2016.

• jimmie says:

That would depend on if we have a strong enough VP this election.

Say a Rubio. After 8 years as VP, he could possibly go on to win the WH, on his own mertits.

22. Hi Mark,

Thank you for your blog, and thank Sarah Palin for her service to America. I plan to keep reading your blog and look forward to the new turns and twists it may take. Like you, I am beyond disappointed that Palin is not running, but I am behind the essential message of common sense conservationism. Onward and upward…

23. Mark says:

You are not being followed only because you support Sarah, you are very interesting to read and you make sense to your followers, we are still here to fight for our country with you and Sarah and anyone else that believes in restoring our country!!

24. Hi Mark…Thank you for the wonderful blogs…I am glad to know that you will continue to analyze and share your thoughts and opinions… personally, I like to go to several blog sites and see what is going on (I rarely rely on the lame stream media–the group think is pathetic and unhealthy)…and indeed your i blog is one that I have come to trust with respect to facts, content, and style.

I remain a faithful reader.

25. Sarah Palin has done more to destroy her influence/power of persuasion by bowing out now than anything her enemies or the major media could have ever done to her. She has quit on the American people. If this were about her family that should have been evident early on.

Palin will now no more be able to influence elections than if she didn't exist. Her very name will be toxic. Her ability to drive the debate now is gone.

She may as well go back to Alaska and live out the rest of her life, because her usefulness to the conservative cause is done.

You're incredibly wrong. Nice rant, however. I'm sure that so long as you believe this, it will all be happy in your miserable world. Thanks for stopping by on your way to the hate-fest.

• sedeuce says:

Michael, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't really been following Sarah for very long, haven't read her books or seen her movie, and are just really disappointed in her decision. Or you are a seminar poster. Because her entire history has been one of making decisions that many if not most of the people around her don't understand except in historic perspective. Her decision not to run was made over a period of months and with an incredible amount of care – as she has told us. I would be very observant in how she deals with the current crop of Republican candidates. It is clear that if she endorses one of them, the chances of that person's winning the nomination increase dramatically – I believe it is near assured, in fact. A Herman Cain endorsement would not surprise me, at this point. If she doesn't endorse any one person, then it doesn't matter that much who gets in and her focus will be on winning a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, which is not out of the question given the 30 some Democrat seats up for election. We only need a net gain of 13 of those to have full control of our Federal elected political system. And I guarantee she is looking closely at which squishy Progressive Republican Senators need to be primaried by the Tea Party.

If you really think that her influence will wane as a result of her decision not to run for President, then again you haven't followed her as recently as over the past 3 years. She was written off after she got back to Alaska right after the election. She was written off after her decision to leave the governorship because it was in the best interests of the state that she loves. And you are writing her off now. Big mistake.

The focus for her is to continue the Constitutional Conservative momentum begun in 2010, and she clearly feels that she can have the most impact by not being tied up in a Presidential race. She should know, having already experienced one.

• Don B says:

"Pbbllbbllbbllppptt"

• jimmie says:

Disagree Michael.
      SP has a strong, loud voice.

Jimmie

26. Frances Davis says:

Mark,
    Thank you for your incredible contribution to the Conservative cause. Our common love for Sarah might have been initially drew us to your site, but your insighful posts and skilled narratives are what kept us returning. We will still be following you. We have a country that needs healing and we need talented wordsmiths to give us encouragement and light along the way.

27. Dennis McKeon says:

Mark, you are one of the best writers in the blogosphere. Most of my political awareness is filtered through the prism that you encouraged me to use years ago. Keep up the fight.

28. Jim Bell says:

I understand the frustration felt by all of you but we've got a Nation to save. As I recall, getting over my disappointment with Fred Thompson wasn't pleasant but life goes on and Sara isn't dead, just cast in a different roll. I would invite any of you that wish, to take a close look at Herman Cain. Living close to Atlanta, I've been a Herman fan for several years and believe him to be the real deal just as I believe Sara is the real deal.

Thanks
    Jim

29. Laurie says:

Keep writing Mark, I love your perspective of things, we need that uniquwe point of view. Things can get blurry. Thanks for your time and insight.

30. thank you Mark for all your hard work and thoughtful words. i will also be a continual visitor here as I believe that the Palin Factor will be in play. now we can focus on the 33 Senate seats up for election in 2012(i think that's what i heard) . we need to focus on that (and MAKING SURE ELIZABETH WARREN, the commie is NOT elected).

God bless you Mark; you're one of my favorite inspirations and resources on the 'net.

31. Bill Weaver says:

Thanks Mark for your service!
    Just think what would mave happened if Gov. Palin became President with the Senate in the control of Democrats. I believe she's knows and she also knows, to accomplish her goals of restoring our nation, that has to change. We can still have hope for the future working with Gov. Palin!

32. Thanks Mark, your sentiments mirror my own. I'm still in the fight and appreciate your hard work!

33. Lattie says:

Mark,

Thank you for all you've done.

It is the combined power of individuals like you, and your readers, that can add up to real change for our nation.

No candidate will ever be perfect (even Sarah), but in the real word we need to forge ahead and achieve our objectives regardless.

I have read what you wrote about the other candidates, and I know you're not happy with any of them.

That said, I would humbly ask you to take a second look at Herman Cain.

I know you took issue with his response to a question about Rick Perry's ranch, but keep in mind that on every media appearance Mr. Cain is being subjected to "gotcha" type questions with the intent of being able to diminish him based on his response (just like they did to Sarah). Navigating the minefield of a "racial" question is very difficult to get right, and I think Herman actually did ok (though he could have obviously done better). In any case, please don't let the tricks of the media who are *trying* to ask "gotcha" type questions work on you. And bear in mind that *any* of us can slip up some of the time…

One other note about Herman Cain: A lot of people attack his 9 9 9 tax plan without acknowledging that it is only a stepping stone to the "Fair Tax" (as stated explicitly on Mr. Cain's web site). The 9 9 9 plan is designed to be implemented *quickly* and jump start the economy, but even Mr. Cain acknowledges that we must ultimately migrate to the "Fair Tax". When people attack the 9 9 9 plan they implicitly assume that it is a long term plan rather than a stepping stone.

Mark, I hope that you stick around for the long term. You are a great resource in this battle, and I tell all my friends about your site.

At some point we will all coalesce around the best available candidate (and I'm sure Sarah will have some input on who that is!) When that occurs I for one plan to support them with everything I've got!

Regards,
    A Fan

34. IwjwI says:

Mark, Thank you for all that you have done here and at C4P to help get our conservative message out. Keep up the great work here and at C4P.

I'm making a monthly contribution to SarahPAC to help Sarah get her message out there and help her to raise funds for what we need to do to take the U. S. Senate & the Oval Office, as Sarah knows best where to spend campaign contributions.
    I'm also making a monthly contribution to O4P, as this site will play a big roll in showcasing Sarah's endorsements for the coming 2012 elections, just O4P was the go to place for the candidates that Sarah endorsed for the 2010 elections.
    I will follow Sarah's direction in working to restore our country.
    Whomever the 2013 POTUS is, he/she will just be keeping the seat warm for Sarah when it is her time to sit there as POTUS.

She will be very effective in getting good conservative candidates elected in 2012. If her endorsement didn't matter, then the Republican POTUS
    candidates would not be asking her for her endorsement.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Sarah is a king/queen maker. Just look at how her endorsements helped conservatives win and how the Dems took the "shellacking" that they did in 2010.

We have much work to do to get conservatives elected from dog catchers all the way up to POTUS.
    Let's get er done!

35. MiBones says:

Mark,
    Thank-you for keeping me inspired all these months. It started with your article on leadership and has continued through the disappointment of Sarah not running. This is not the end, only reloading. Sarah Palin is correct that this is not going to be done by one person. This is about the message of the Tea Party. This is about battling the ideas of liberalism promoted by the lamestream media, the educational institutions, and our culture today. Keep writing because there are few voices that speak with such clarity and discernment. Your voice is needed now more then ever.

36. Patty Henry says:

I have to agree that she's now lost her "mojo". I heard that her SON didn't want her to. FINE time to figure this out. After many of us have spent 3 years changing hearts and minds for her. Many of us spending 4 hrs a week day blogging while we work – for her. She should have said "IF I don't see anyone whom I believe can do it – after a few debates, I'll run " OTHERWISE she should say: "Okay I found someone and you guys come with me and lets get this person a GOP SENATE and secure the House"…Instead she wishy-washied and blew her influence. Watch. This is not our first RODEO either. She gave us a slight apology, but she must have NO idea the tide that was against her. NO. I don't see her as SENATOR. I don't see her ever being able to run again. Like I told her: I don't need advice. I KNOW what our country needs. I needed a CANDIDATE that could win. SHE could have won.
    You don't need to answer me, Mark, you won't agree. I know how these things play out. WE were played. I don't appreciate it.

37. Mark, I for one, will continue to follow you, my friend. You are a true visionary and have a great handle on what is wrong with this country. I, to, will have to find another candidate to support. One with strong constitutional command and a belief that better days are yet to come.
    You have done Sarah a great honor with your writings. See you down the road, Mr. America!
    Paul Revere Writes Again, Mike

38. I am Deeply Disappointed….I really thought that Sarah would run. With the depth of corruption that is in Washington (and unfortunately it is on both sides) in the permanent political class, I truly thought that she was the only one with the WILL and the experience to undertake this gargantuan task.

If I wasn't a "guy", I'd be bawling my eyes out. Now I don't know whether to cry or grab a bottle in each hand and HOWL at the moon. I certainly have feelings like Patty Henry above. I didn't even DO anything for Sarah. I just believed in her. I feel really ripped off.

39. Patty Henry says:

FEEL BETTER! Maybe SARAH knew this: HERMAN CAIN can – do it !
    watch him on the BLAZE http://www.theblaze.com/stories/youre-distorting-

40. Stand Taker says:

I respect SP's decision completely and still support her. Yet, I do feel we were "led" to believe she'd jump in. Maybe that's bruised disappointment talking but it feels a tinge like betrayal.

At this point we've had people refuse to answer the call of the times to run. George Washington wanted no part of the presidency but loved his country too much to let it fall into the stewardship of a lesser driven person. Where are the patriots? We're left with Romney and Cain now. One has no spine, the other inept.

Say Romney wins next year. Getting Obama out isn't enough. We need the country restored. Mitt's gonna do that? Pshaw.

Unless SP ends up as VP, we're really in trouble, folks. Buckle up.

• jimmie says:

I respect her choice as well.

I wish her supporters would let her be now. She has chosen her path- and can make a difference- the way she wants….on HER TERMS.

There are more than 2 candidates in the race- read all about them, and then decide. You still have awhile before the primaries.

Jimmie

• Stand Taker says:

No one's getting on her case about it. Many are simply voicing disappointment.

My opinion is that our current crop of candidates suck. I know all about each of them. The two most "electable", Romney and Cain, are weak. Romney's not tough enough and Cain comes off as an amateur in over his head, no matter how appealing his message.

Hopefully there are some dots yet to be connected. Right now, the field is a joke.

• jimmie says:

Stand Taker- I totally get how you have feelings of disappointment ( in re to your post below)

But because the field is thin, I was only stating that SP supporters are putting heat on her to enter the race. I totally agree that we have some weak candidates but she has made her decision and she should be allowed some peace.

She has a still young family. Her youngest child is what? 3? 4? 5?Shes under 50! She has a decade ( or more) to refine her positions and then take the stage. MEANWHILE- she can do a heck of a lot from where she is now—AND she knows that. WHILE at the same time ENJOYING life.
      Thats my two cents.

J

• Stand Taker says:

jimmie –

Noted. I understand the passion of the contingencies attempting to get SP to reconsider. I'm sure she's grateful for it but it's not going to change her mind and can only cross over into annoyance. So I agree with you on that point. People just need to knock it off with the begging. She made her decision. If the country's condition isn't enough to get her into the race, a Facebook page of pleading devotees isn't going to do it.

You mentioned SP having a decade or more to refine her positions and then run. The problem is that the United States doesn't have a decade to spare. Or even the 13 months to election day. The country is bleeding out as we speak. The country is very much like a computer without a firewall. We've been constantly attacked these last 3 years and at some point all of that nefarious activity will crash the country. This reality is a big reason why SP supporters are pretty well shell-shocked by her decision, and why conservatives and patriots nationwide are in disbelief about the dearth of presidential talent on our side.

I trust in the Lord first and foremost, and I have faith that positive, tide-turning things will happen for this nation over the next 13 months. We just don't know exactly how it will play out.

• sedeuce says:

As Sarah said herself, if we were ready to trust her with her "finger on the button" how on earth do we not trust her with what may have been the biggest decision in her life so far? It doesn't make any sense!

While many factors clearly played a role in her decision, she has made it clear that her priorities are God, family, and country. While I was as disappointed as anyone at her not running, I also have complete trust in her to tell the truth lie and to be as open and honest with us as the particular situation allows.

She clearly had the most impact of anyone on the 2010 elections. Think she might have learned a thing or two from the experience like she clearly did from her experience in the 2008 election? Isn't it clear that she will have even more impact on the 2012 elections? One of the bloggers has been posting a RINO (to be primaried) of the week. Think that isn't on Sarah's radar?

If I understand the process, the only way Obamacare and Dodd-Frank will be repealed is to either have a Progressive filibuster proof majority in the Senate or to have enough Progressive Senators with the absolute fear of God in them after the coming 2012 Progressive wipeout to not oppose repeal by the use of a filibuster. Do you really think that any of the Republican presidential candidates, even those who are Progressive lites, would not sign a repeal bill if faced with overwhelming votes in Congress and the public sentiment to go with it? I don't. Of course it would help to have a Presidential candidate with the repeal energy of a Bachman or Newt, but if, God forbid, Mittens wins, I just can't see him not signing a repeal bill.