Mama Grizzly Roars!

In a scathing admonishment aimed at the GOP establishment, moments ago, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took the Party’s elite to task for their dishonest, and leftist-like attacks on Gingrich.  Her concern for the future of the party dominated by an establishment that is willing to destroy anybody and everybody who might get in their way is the focus of her remarks.  She’s right: If the GOP establishment and all its little shills will do this to us, then we have some serious questions to answer.

Among other things, she wrote:

“But this whole thing isn’t really about Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney. It is about the GOP establishment vs. the Tea Party grassroots and independent Americans who are sick of the politics of personal destruction used now by both parties’ operatives with a complicit media egging it on. In fact, the establishment has been just as dismissive of Ron Paul and Rick Santorum. Newt is an imperfect vessel for Tea Party support, but in South Carolina the Tea Party chose to get behind him instead of the old guard’s choice. In response, the GOP establishment voices denounced South Carolinian voters with the same vitriol we usually see from the left when they spew hatred at everyday Americans “bitterly clinging” to their faith and their Second Amendment rights. The Tea Party was once again told to sit down and shut up and listen to the “wisdom” of their betters. We were reminded of the litany of Tea Party endorsed candidates in 2010 that didn’t win. Well, here’s a little newsflash to the establishment: without the Tea Party there would have been no historic 2010 victory at all.”

I encourage all of you to read Governor Palin’s excellent remarks, because her concluding question needs to be answered before we go any farther down this primary path.

8 Responses to Mama Grizzly Roars!

1. IowaWoman says:

Though Newt is far from my choice, Sarah is correct on all fronts. I am a Conservative, not a Republican. I joined the Republican party to change it, not to go along with it. If I were not a TEA partier I would still be a Indie. The Party hates that so many TP and 9-12 people are pushing them to the right and they are fighting. In 2009-2010 the whining in my state by the Party and the MSM about how we have made the GOP laughing stocks was disgusting. I am proud we pushed them or dragged them to the right. I am still active (Delegate) and plan on pushing them even more. They can cry and whine all they want to.

2. Kathleen says:

Sarah hit the knows on the head. Some people called elites are going to be hit in the head.

3. Marlin Rice says:

I have read and passed it around. Sarah is the greatest.

4. dnr says:

Her concluding question: "Who are they [GOP establishment] really running against?" Such a wise question. I believe there is not a dime's worth of difference between the GOP establishment and the communists who masquerade as the Democrat party. Both are against individual rights to life (in the form of abortion on demand), liberty (b/c they are both in favor of so-called gun control), and the pursuit of happiness (both favor big-government solutions that enslave people, rather than encourage them to realize their full potential). Our Founders would have recognized them for the insidious would-be tyrants that they are.

5. j.a.agibinik says:

Thank you Mark for this posting. This is exactly why I believe Palin/West 2012…..true leadership that you can actually believe what is said. Gop elite are just as bad as rino's……as are liberal democrates. Where are the Reagan Democrates? Rino's have given Republicans a black eye. Enough! How does mittens battle obummer over health care? Newt has baggage. Santorum has baggage. Paul…..don't get me started. These are the best the GOP has to offer?
    Palin/West 2012

6. deb says:

I agree with Sarah that the GOP has sold its soul to the devil. I know I am not alone in my feeling left out in the cold as I watch perfectly good candidates like Rick Santorum ignored as if he has nothing at all to bring to the table. He is not the chosen one in their eyes. We get the candidate that they choose, like it or not. It sickens me that no one learned anything from the 2008 election! If it were not for my faith in God, I would lose heart and give up. He is showing me that this nation must be brought to its knees and repent. Please, read 2 Chronicles 7:14. If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

7. RB says:

I really think the Teaparty should seriously be thinking about endorsing Rick Santorum. Why is he at least not as Conservative as Newt Gingrich ? He seems more so to me.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks: