Enjoy the Cake With Your Circus

Got Cake?

Are you enjoying the ball-game?  When is it over?  I ask because it’s being televised on a broadcast newtwork(I think NBC) and I don’t get any of those.  Truth be told, even if I did receive the signal, I wouldn’t be watching.  The reason is simple:  While most of the country falls into this annual coma, or any of the other things with which we pollute our senses, our country is collapsing.  Sure, they will offer you the sweet embrace of some rigged statistics to put your mind at ease, but for most of us, the wallet is telling a different tale.  As you watch the game and pour out your frustrations, or eat and drink them, Iran is planning to ruin your next Super Sunday in advance.  The Euro, and the dollar with it, is on the verge of collapse.  Your President plots against you, but then so does the establishment of “loyal opposition.”  I long for the day when Americans wake up, but apart from a fairly narrow group, most Americans couldn’t care less as they watch somebody or other carrying a football across some line on fake grass.

Yes, I know, it’s a “necessary release” or some other term in rationalization our culture stamps upon this event, but while you may think me a party-crasher, I think it’s entirely appropriate to crash a party that seems out of place. Will you feel fulfilled in two hours or more empty?  Will your life be improved or unchanged?  I’m trying to understand the fixation on an event that barely concerns most of the residents of the two areas from which the teams come, never mind the rest of the country.  What does it get you?  Why do you care?  What does it promise you?  Excitement?  Thrills?  The “agony of defeat?”  In truth, I’m not sure quite when it happened, but at some point in my life all of this lost its allure.  Is it merely the distraction?  If the shoes are too tight, do you put on earrings to pinch and take your mind off the discomfort of your feet?

I must admit “not getting it,” and I suppose that’s my own affair, but I worry about a country that can place such attention on a thing about which most of the viewers won’t care tomorrow, and didn’t care yesterday. I know there are those of you who will suggest that I’m just a stick-in-the-mud, and that I’m “out of  touch” with American culture.  If this is what American culture has become, thank you, but please leave me out of it.

One can wonder, however, what will happen if the Iranians get their way and return us to a virtual stone age with some sort of electromagnetic pulse(EMP.)  What will you do next year to take your mind off the disconnected world in which you will then live?  Swat flies?

Never mind me. Enjoy your game.

23 Responses to Enjoy the Cake With Your Circus

1. haha, yes I am watching.. But you see, I am here, too. Is that what you call multitasking.. (smile)

2. carlirwin12 says:

Mark you left out one really good example you could have used from history. In the last days of Rome, they made the Gladiator games more bloody and brutal and also gave out free bread at the games to sedate the people. And it worked. as a side note as a added attraction the Romans added the Lions VS. the Christians.

3. dancer says:

i agree with youu % 100 our country is in mortal danger from within and out and all most people lauw themsels to sleep and worry about trivial things like this stupid game they will spend money they don't have and then in a couple of days will regret thiere stupid mistakes, but o well the game must go on

4. Dave says:

I am also watching as I type, but I am about as interested as Mark is. I was looking forward to Obama being declared ineligible for the Georgia ballot because he is not a "Natural Born Citizen." Unfortunately, it appears Obama had some of his Chicago thugs make an impression on Judge, who dutifully declared Obama to be a natural born citizen based solely on a an obscure case that had nothing to do with Natural Born Citizenship and the presidency. We are moving so quickly towards the government our founders despised and risked their lives to get away from. The level of corruption is truly astounding. It is moving very quickly from the top levels of government all the way to the lowest levels. If we continue to be more concerned about the Super Bowl or American Idol, we will soon know what it is like to live in Venezuela. The reason Obama did a fist bump with Hugo Chavez early on is because he wants to be just like him.

• ehancock says:

The reason the judge ruled the way that he did was (1) birthers did not prove that Obama was born outside of the USA; (2) every US citizen born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen.

No. Minor Vs Happersett is not a ruling. It is DICTA, and it says right in the case that the court did not have to decide the definition of citizenship, much less Natural Born Citizenship.

However, the Wong Kim Ark Supreme Court decision (which followed the Minor vs Happersett decision and hence would have overturned it, if Minor vs Happersett actually was a decision, which it wasn’t) ruled that EVERY child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is Natural Born.

“Based on the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents. Just as a person “born within the British dominions [was] a natural born-born subject” at the time of the framing of the U.S. Constitution, so too were those “born in the allegiance of the United States [ ] natural-born citizens.”— Ankeny v. Governor of the State of Indiana, 916 NE2d 678, 688 (2009), (Ind.Supreme Court, Apr. 5, 2010)

“What is a natural born citizen? Clearly, someone born within the United States or one of its territories is a natural born citizen.” (Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on OCTOBER 5, 2004)–Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT).

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are “natural born citizens” and eligible to be President….”—- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005) [Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

5. I understand the angst. Hopefully some people are using Superbowl parties they attend to win friends and influence neighbors to fight for the country over a beer or two.

• IwjwI says:

It could get so bad that something like this might be the only way we can communicate with each other.
      I know this sounds a bit dramatic, but I've been to China and have a daughter who lived there for a couple of years.
      I remember coming back from there about 12 years ago and thinking that the U.S. is moving in the direction of China. No freedom. The people are afraid to say anything derogatory about their govt. Solders do exercises on the temple grounds just to remind the people who is in charge of their religion. Groups and gatherings of people who disagree with the government are prohibited. The Chinese government
      comes first. The people live in a dictatorship.
      A dictatorship is what the U. S. Citizens will be living under if BHO is allowed to continue past his 2013 expiration date.

George Soros would love to see OWS turn violent enough for BHO to declare martial law. Last year, OWS laid the foundation for an ugly uprising this spring.
      I will feel much better when, in 2013, someone else is POTUS and we have a conservative legislature.

BTW I watched the Super Bowl while I was doing what I always spend most of my time
      on. Helping keep the alternative Conservative Media messages flowing.
      Heavily involved in politics to get Conservatives elected, from dog catcher to POTUS.
      I think that the Conservative rally motto ought to be, "Throw Them All Out."

6. JohnInFlorida says:

As I have no interest whatsoever in watching the game, I feel that I'm doing a great favor for those who ARE interested in watching.

My choosing to not watch the game just leaves more for you guys to watch! So, you're welcome and … enjoy your game.

JohnInFlorida

7. CPB says:

Not watching it. Going through emails instead. I heard on some MSM blip the other day the millions of $$ involved in this whole show – how many thousands people are paying for tickets and how many millions are being paid for the TV ads. Our economy is falling apart and we're spending this much on something like this? I think we have become a split country – the "haves" (have a job) and the "have nots" (no job). Heaven help us when the have nots outnumber the haves. We thought the riots in Greece were bad…..

8. Gail says:

I am watching….and learning…the commercials are extremely liberal and Madonna's half time show is promoting the NWO.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I think I'll go to sleep now…nite nite

9. 'Helen says:

To the hungry soul, any bitter thing tastes sweet…

10. Tracy says:

Yesterday my husband and I went to a local mall to try to find him a coat. There was a line of women in front of a name brand store waiting to get in to buy stuff. Wasting time to buy stuff. I told my husband I just don't get it. That buying a Coach purse was more important than anything else to them that day. I was disgusted at Christmas with people waiting for hours to get into the stores. These people do not have a clue. I could care less about football, baseball or any other kind of sport. I could care less about material things. I watch people in their cars, at stores, in restaurants and wonder what they're thinking. Do any of these people have any idea what's happening to this country. If they do I doubt they care. It has been hard for me to feel any joy in my life anymore. I feel as if I'm just waiting for the hell that's moving our way.

Tracy, like so many readers of this site, I share your dismay.

• Tracy says:

I'm not glad that you feel dismay but it is good to know that just because I feel alone doesn't mean I am.

Thank you, Mark, for writing what we all feel.

• MaryL says:

Ditto! The population has been so dumbed down that they are like zombies. God help us all. It is going down soon.

• Tracy says:

Hi MaryL. I think I know you. :)

• IwjwI says:

Tracy, When I was learning how to parachute, I learned that what I focused on was where I landed. I try to live by the "expect the best, but prepare for the worst" kind of philosophy.
      I have to keep doing my best to help save our country. I'm more involved in politics than I have ever been in my life.
      Everyone has a talent that they can bring into the battles. Every 'awake' person is needed on our side to keep talking and sharing to help with recruiting more into our ranks. We will need every available vote that we can get before the 2012 elections.
      We have a legislature that needs to be in a Conservative majority. We need more Conservative state legislatures and more Conservative governors.
      We need to flat out take our country back.
      And until we have decidedly won, or lost, I'm not quitting. I'm going at this as if my life and the lives of those I love depend on it because they do.
      If BHO is allowed to continue, "Death Panels" will become a reality, as only viable tax slaves will be allowed to live to work to pay the Government's payroll and pay for the luxurious living accomodations that our elected officals have grown very fond of.

With a Conservative majority, we can change the course of events to our favor

This is a goal that we can reach.

"Throw Them All Out"
      "United we stand."

• Tracy says:

Thank you for your comment, lwjwl. I commend you on your optimism. I'm sorry to say I just don't feel it. There are a lot of battles to fight. Hopefully we will win some of them but I doubt we'll win the war. I see your link below about more states moving towards the GOP. There is one problem. There is no true GOP anymore. There is nothing to work with in this battle and there will be no winning. I apologize for my pessicism. I'm too much a realist and see the forest through the trees. I will do my best to fight where I need to fight but now it's pretty much only because I refuse to back down. It probably will get to the point where it will mostly be a personal battle to protect our individual selves and our loved ones. When I see an actual true stand against the government I will feel differently. I have yet to see what I'm praying to see. Maybe one day.

• IwjwI says:

More States Move To GOP in 2011: http://www.gallup.com/poll/152438/states-move-gop

11. Kathleen says:

Mark, if you are a stick in the mud, I am too.. I am not a sports fan. I rather watch a good movie instead. I don't watch TV that much any more anyway.

12. RebinTexas says:

Though I didn't post here last night, I wasn't watching the game either. Among the few joys I have left is knowing there are others like me – who see what is happening and doing what they can to try to stop it, turn things around.

Thank you – as always – Mark – and to the many others who read you and post here frequently. I pray we do not end up having to stand shoulder to shoulder "literally" in the effort to save our beloved country, yet I am becoming more convinced this may be the case.

Reb

13. Pat Cashman says:

Bah humbug Mr America! Lol. Some of us need a distraction once in awhile. I went to a friends house, kids in tow, and we sat around eating good food, drinking fine wine and imported beer, while we cheered as our Guants won the superbowl. But I got up and went to work and the kids went to school. On the train ride, I check my emails and read you blog. Now I'm back in the saddle posting on FB and Palin's site armed with more conservative ideas to spread around. But for a few hours, I didn't think about you, Iran, or Sarah Palin…..until Clint Eastwood showed up. The house divided. Libs in the den, and conservatives in the living room. But after, we all drank a glass of champaign in a toast to our Giants and all went home. All in all, a good time for everyone. Even if the Giants lost, didn't matter. (lie). We all need a little break once in a while, and it's good to do that with friends. Even the dumb ones. Lol

Pat Cashman

14. A VIEW TO A KILL: The Bush Crime Family's Takeover of America

History books are written by the winners. In the span of a couple of weeks we have Jeb Bush seated with his father George H.W. Bush (Poppy or '41') visiting comfortably with President Barack Obama, the leader of the opposition party, in the White House on eve of the Florida Republican primary where Romney and the Republican establishment elite were slaughtering would be challengers over the air waves. Now this week we have shortly after what Mark America has appropriately called labeled another opportunity for Americans to Enjoy Your Cake with Your Circus at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, yet disclosure of another black mark on the JFK Presidency¬, his affair with a teen intern who convenient¬ly discloses that during the Cuban Missile Crisis Kennedy said that he would “rather his children be red than dead” feeding into the narrative that the Kennedy’s were un-American communist sympathizers. The BUSH CRIME FAMILY & The 1927 New York Yankees have something in common — history shows that they have each had a 'MURDERERS ROW' The Illuminati's representatives are getting bold they use to just kill people and steal elections in the shadows, but they continue to control the dialogue of American history even today. If nothing else is clear, the very same folks who killed JFK are still in charge. In the end all it proves is that in the dark underbelly of American Democracy with two political dynasties vying for control, bootlegger¬s are no match for a clan of cold blooded murderers who trace their roots to Prescott Bush financing the Nazi War Machine and the establishment of Skull & Bones at Yale to recruit from the elite. From the assassinat¬ion of JFK to the attempted assassinat¬ion of Ronald Reagan, Stolen Election in 2000, 9/11 cover-up, the Conspiracy of Silence relating to Boys Town Pedophile ring that lead right up to the George H.W. Bush (Poppy or '41'), a member or members of the Bush Family have had curious ties and a presence at the most diabolical events in American history in the last 50 years. And much like James Bond they have enjoyed 'A View To A Kill'. Their presence, with a Forrest Gump like proficiency, means either that the Illuminati have it in for them or they are but loyal servants to the eastern establishment elite.